6

I've been 'Rufus'ed!



Hi all, meet Rufus, my new doll. Isn’t he adorable? Awwh..~ I would be smiling everytime I see him.
Don’t judge me folks. I know it’s a bit weird for a 23-years-old to buy something like this for herself. But why do I care? I love dolls! Especially the ones that you can dress them up.


I bought this cutie at Marcy et Amie, a doll store that I’ve been drawn to every time I go to the mall. I’ve been checking out on the cute dolls there a few times before I finally had guts to go in there and buy one for myself. I adored them so much.

Well, it’s just a simple handmade doll but it comes with a very interesting package. First I can choose whether to buy a he or a she, and then I can choose any outfit I want it to wear. They even sell matching outfits for the dolls and its owner. But of course there isn’t any of my size. ;-P
I was torn between the choices of buying a boy or a girl. The boys were adorable so were the girls. The girls have their long hair and I’d get to braid or style their hair if I buy a girl. However I have always been more attracted to 'boys' so I finally decided to buy a he. ;-)

At the cashier I was asked by the salesgirl to fill a form.

Name of adopter:
Name of amie doll:
Address:
Phone number:

Alamak.
“Err… This is actually for my niece, do I really need to fill this form?” --shitting.
“Oh I’m sorry, you have to fill in this form cause later we will have to register the membership of the owner and we'll give the doll’s adoption certificate.”



Wowwii! Adoption certificate??
They even provide the customers a thick name book as guidance to choose a nice name for the doll.
Oh gosh! I tried my best to hide my excitement and act like a big girl, a matured one, a 23-years-old looking lady, though I couldn't actually manage to hide the 'senyum kambing' I had on my face at that moment. So I just put my name as the owner and suddenly think of ‘Rufus’ as this cute lil buddy’s name.

The salesgirl went through my form and said, “Oh, You should just put your niece’s name here. You don’t have to put your name.”
Kantoi busukk. Damn it. Banyak songeh pulak minah ni.
“Well, nevermind. I’ve already wrote it so just let it be. Moreover my niece does not live here.”
And then I saw them giggled among themselves like they knew about the shit. So what?

And then I paid, it’s kinda strange though that I have to actually pay for something called 'adoption'. Hehe. Then they put on the outfit I chose to Rufus, and packed Rufus in a really nice, tempting box. I was so happy, like a little girl who just got the best gift ever! Truthfully I never thought I could be that happy when I buy a doll for myself. ;-P If only this doll existed in my childhood, I would never asked for a Barbie at all I guess. This one is so much adorable than a Barbie. This one is huggable!


This doll has actually become a contagious trend among the little girls here. Those poser little girls practically bring them almost everywhere. The store even offers little bags specially customed for the dolls so they can hang the dolls on their bags. They even have a playroom inside the shop. So all adopters can go there and play with their dolls anytime they want, I suppose. Well I’m not so sure cause I didn’t freaking ask them about the playroom. What do you expect? Should I even bother? And please don't start to imagine me playing with my doll in the playroom with other little girls who would be staring at me and call me ‘orang gila’ afterwards!

But it’s unfair to put an age limit to buy a doll. I need one. We all need one. Err.. Do you need one? Or is it just me..?


They asked me to come back in six months to see if my doll is in a good condition. If he’s in great condition they will give out rocognition pins.

Pink Pin (responsible guardian) - if your doll is healthy and in good condition.
Gold Pin (fabulous guardian) - if your doll is very healthy and she comes to us in her most fabulous appearance.
Tips: You may want to dress and accessorize them with your fabulous creativity.

Nice marketing strategy huh. Too bad I wouldn’t think of going there again after six months, cause this doll was supposed to be my niece’s doll remember?

I will definitely get one of this for each of my nieces once I have extra money! They would love it!

Err.. Or maybe I'll just consider of getting a girlfriend for Rufus first. :-P




6 comments:

azlishukri said...

salam singgah saudari..

nadhirah mohd shakri said...

hahahah..irah!!ko beliiii!!
aku pown masuk kedai die aritu..sgt menarik!

klaka la siap ader adoption certificate =p

Izyan Nadirah said...

tu la..hehe..comey btul la. addiction baru.hehe

Anonymous said...

hahahahah... tak kira umur 23, 16, 8 tahun.. sama je kot? selebihnya kan alasan? hahahhaa

Izyan Nadirah said...

ngehngehh..malu..:-P

amelie said...

irah...comelnye doll ni..kmia pun nak la satu, for baby (bukan mak baby ye,hehe..)

Back to Top