Been in surgical department for two weeks, I can conclude a few things about them;
1. They have absolutely NO life. They basically live in the hospital. They work for 80 hours non stop. I'm not sure how it is in Malaysia though.
2. They have high chances of encountering mid-life crisis. I saw one of them wearing a skull ring on his finger, and he's around 60 years old. Otai gile. Must have been really hard for him of being a full-time nerd during his tender age huh.
3. They have the skills, but not necessarily the brain.
4. I wonder if their legs are made of steel. They can stand ridiculously longer than normal people do while they're operating. And I'm talking about a 65-years-old surgeon.
5. They shouldn't wear high heels to work. It takes only one long day at work to ruin their Jimmy Choo's.
6. Surgery is an art of medicine. Sounds really cool huh. But no, it's not a glamorous job at all. They even have to get used to the smell of human poop during their internship.
7. They love their hard-core life. They are all very highly motivated.
8. They must always learn to forgive themselves when the operation didn't end successfully. Eh bukan surgeon je.. That's one thing that all doctors have to face every other day in their life. And it really sucks.
Well.. I don't think that surgery is my field. I don't think I have what it takes to become a surgeon. And I need balance in my life.
But, as I always say, "Kalau aku tak kawin takde anak lagi by the age of 35, aku nak jadi surgeon ah. Alang-alang takde life, biar takde life sampai mati je."
It's still too early to tell.
=P
1. They have absolutely NO life. They basically live in the hospital. They work for 80 hours non stop. I'm not sure how it is in Malaysia though.
2. They have high chances of encountering mid-life crisis. I saw one of them wearing a skull ring on his finger, and he's around 60 years old. Otai gile. Must have been really hard for him of being a full-time nerd during his tender age huh.
3. They have the skills, but not necessarily the brain.
4. I wonder if their legs are made of steel. They can stand ridiculously longer than normal people do while they're operating. And I'm talking about a 65-years-old surgeon.
5. They shouldn't wear high heels to work. It takes only one long day at work to ruin their Jimmy Choo's.
6. Surgery is an art of medicine. Sounds really cool huh. But no, it's not a glamorous job at all. They even have to get used to the smell of human poop during their internship.
7. They love their hard-core life. They are all very highly motivated.
8. They must always learn to forgive themselves when the operation didn't end successfully. Eh bukan surgeon je.. That's one thing that all doctors have to face every other day in their life. And it really sucks.
Well.. I don't think that surgery is my field. I don't think I have what it takes to become a surgeon. And I need balance in my life.
But, as I always say, "Kalau aku tak kawin takde anak lagi by the age of 35, aku nak jadi surgeon ah. Alang-alang takde life, biar takde life sampai mati je."
It's still too early to tell.
=P
Posted by



7 comments:
Surgery is an art of medicine???
oh tidak...patient jadik kain kanvas..
ho ho ho
Kak Na punya surgeon kat Ampang puteri tu elok je boleh gi travel, melancong bagai..
huhuhuh
pengorbanan semua tu
Kueh-ha?pejadah ko mrepek ni?
Kak na-they sure as hell went thru a lot of pressure before sampai tahap tu
Luffy-tu lah.pengorbanan.but some ppl just dont understand.
yes...surgery is an art of medicine!!!
owh koyan kalo ko nk tau aku dh berhari plan nk tules entry title pasal admiration aku towards a few surgeons i've met..tp sbb dh berazam utk x tules blog slagi x achieve daily target jd xleh laa nk tules...
I tend to admire surgeons aa koy..the latest yg aku paling admire paeds surgeon yg soft-spoken, flat tummy, pakai suit yg tailor-made (aku rase)& suke point org utk jwb soalan tp x marah pon kalo x leh jwb as long as make an attepmt..
hehe..sini pun ade sorang prof yg sgt patut utk di'admire'. a cardiothoraxic surgeon. perghhh.. he has this aura yg buat sume org kagum n tabik spring ah kat dia.
surgeon don't really hafva life. so if you're ready to give up on your social life. silelah. hahaha. irah! hows Dm now! cam hectic gle je i tgk...!
Post a Comment