“Irah, sometimes I rasa I tak paham you, dunno how to handle situation. Nak cakap takut salah, diam plak nanti kata tak kisah. So how?
Just don’t expect me to know what you’re thinking cause I can’t read minds.”
I had the exactly same arguments before this, but with boys! And every time they said something like this to me, I have always gave this defensive feedback to them.
“Hey, if you can’t understand me, then good luck with other girls! All girls are just like me ok! We are all the same.”
Oopss. So now I know that I was wrong. My friend just proved to me that not all girls are the same.
But I wasn’t totally wrong. I’m still sure that I am the majority! I mean, come on girls. We all do quietly assume that men will know what we want or need, right girls? Indirect speech is our specialty. We love to give hints and beat around the bush when we want something from a man. And if they don’t pick up our signals, that is when we get to accuse them of being INSENSITIVE right? And that’s when the arguments like above took place. That’s when the men start to shout, “Get to the point please!” or “Am I supposed to be a mind reader??” or “Dahlah, I give up. What the hell do you actually want?”
We do that all the time right? Or is it only me, who’s been an expert in assuming? Naah. I’m sure most of us the girls are like that. Ignore my friend, she’s a special case. :-P
So to all man out there, you might want to train yourself to improve your awareness to our verbal or body language signals. ;-P Don’t be upset. You guys just need to listen to us, effectively. Just listen, and don’t ever try to offer solution unless if she ask for it. Like how Orson Hodge handled Bree in Desperate Housewives. And chocolates never failed to help! And,.. go watch Desperate Housewives! It’s definitely not a bad idea. :-P
And girls, don’t be too harsh on them. Let them learn slowly. Yeah I know. They can be extremely slow sometimes. :-P And they are so direct. So it’s better if you can tell them once in advance how you want them to handle you when you’re stressed.
Yeah. Now that sounds fair and square.

Posted by



0 comments:
Post a Comment